- We receive and may store information you provide to our websites. This information may include:
- Name, age, address, telephone number, email address, student or employee ID #
- Credit card number or bank card number
- Purchase information and history
Automatic Information Collected - Our website makes use of various technologies to collect information about types and versions of internet browsers used when accessing our web site. This information, and information about internet IP addresses, as well as date and time web pages are visited are stored in various security and traffic logs. Our service provider reviews these logs, using statistical analysis, in an effort to track and predict traffic patterns and estimate resource needs. Unless we are tracking down a technical problem or we suspect either fraudulent behavior or illegal conduct we do not trace specific user sessions.
Aggregate Data and Cookies - We aggregate information through cookies, or alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through the web browser. This allows us to automatically collect your computer's network address and operating system, the site from which you linked to our site, the time and date of your visit, how you use one of our services and what products you purchase. This helps us to recognize you, customize or personalize your shopping experience and store items in your cart between visits. It also allows us to aggregate demographic and statistical data and compilations of information that do not include personal information and provide this information to our partners and service providers. By doing so, we hope to understand our customers' needs so that we can provide them with new products and services or tailor existing products and services to fit their needs.
Personal Information Use - The Rocker Shop uses personal information provided by you so that we can service your account. Also note that we may need to transfer that information to our agents or employees of our service providers. We will not sell or trade your information to unrelated third parties. When you submit an order you will receive an email confirmation from our system. As your order status changes you may also receive notifications via email. These notifications are considered part of our service and may not be disabled. We may also periodically send you email notifications concerning products or services. Any such notification will include instructions for opting out of future mailings. We may use personal information to confirm your orders, deliver products and services that you purchase or request, register you as a user of our web site(s), prevent criminal activity on your account, bill you for your purchases, conduct market research via surveys sent to you, respond to your inquiries, or verify and ship a contest prize. Rocker Shop "Rocker Rewards" information and other information may be used to help make The Rocker Shop's products, services and programs more useful to its customers. Additionally, The Rocker Shop may use personal information to provide you with newsletters, articles, product or service alerts, new product or service announcements, saving awards, event invitations, personally tailored coupons, program and promotional information and offers, and other information, which may be provided to The Rocker Shop by other companies. If you prefer not to receive this type of information from us, you can contact us at (605) 394-2374.
Third Parties - We may partner with other third parties to provide various products and services. When you sign up for these services or products we will share required personal information that is necessary for the third party to provide the product or service to you. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties are obligated to protect your information on our behalf. It is also against our policy to sell or trade information collected online without consumer consent. We may, however, release personal information if we are legally required to do so. If we are legally compelled to release information to a third party, The Rocker Shop, may or may not notify you of this release. Notification will be at the discretion of The Rocker Shop and will be based on the nature and conditions surrounding the release of information.
- Filling Orders. We may provide personal information to a third party to fill your order. For example, if you purchase a product or service using a credit or debit card, your card number and transaction information will be shared with the payment processor or card issuer. In order to ship your product, we will provide your shipping information to the carrier.
- Business Purposes. We may provide personal information to our partners and suppliers for customer support services and processing of personal information on behalf of Mines Bookstore. We may also share personal information with our affiliate companies, or in the course of an actual or potential sale, re-organization, consolidation, merger or amalgamation of our business or businesses.
- Other Purposes. We may disclose personal information as required by law; such as in response to a subpoena, court order or a specific request by a law enforcement agency or as otherwise required by law. We may also disclose personal information to third parties investigating potential fraud or questionable activities regarding your account or the use of our services.
Information Control - Your customer profile is accessible from our website and you may update it at anytime. Our web site provides you with the ability to change your phone numbers, physical addresses, and email address information stored in your profile. You may also write to us at the address listed at the bottom of this policy to request that we make the change for you.
Children - The Rocker Shop's website is targeted to college students, faculty and alumni and as such is not meant to attract children. We do not intend to collect personal information from anyone we know to be under thirteen years of age. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under thirteen years of age and believe that your child has disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us so that we may remove the child's information.
Confidentiality and Security - The Rocker Shop takes reasonable steps to ensure that your information is protected. On our website we use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting your personal information. Our website is hosted in a data center which makes use of multiple levels of redundant firewalls and database encryption to protect information. Internally, we limit access to your information to those employees or agents who we believe have reasonable need to use the information to provide products or services to you, or to perform their jobs.
Accessing Your Personal Information - We update your personal information as required. We will be able to serve you best, however, if you provide us with notification of any changes. If you find errors, you can request that changes be made. We may be prevented from allowing you to have access to some information, in which case you will be so advised. You can update your information via our website, or you may submit a written request for changes to any customer service representative at The Rocker Shop. We retain your personal information only for as long as reasonably required. The length of time information is retained depends upon the purpose for which the information was collected.
Safeguarding Personal Information - The fact that you have trusted The Rocker Shop with your personal information is important to us and we take steps to maintain its security. We have appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place to protect and secure the information we collect. To safeguard against unauthorized access, you are required to login to certain secure areas of our web site using a user name and a password. Both user name and password are encrypted when sent over the Internet. If you are unable to provide the correct password, you will not be able to access these areas.
Notifications - This web site may send you notifications via email in order to service your The Rocker Shop account. These notifications are considered part of our service and may not be disabled. We will send the email but we cannot guarantee delivery. You are responsible for providing a valid email address and for updating it when your address changes.
Contact - Please direct all privacy related questions and concerns to the following address:
The Rocker Shop
501 E. Saint Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
Use of the The Rocker Shop website (the "Site") and the content contained herein (the "Site") is governed by the terms of this Agreement (the "Agreement") between you and The Rocker Shop ("Bookstore"). Your use of this Site constitutes your unconditional agreement to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you must immediately cease using this Site.
1. The Site is subject to protection under copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights owned, controlled or licensed by Bookstore and its affiliates or by third parties. These rights are protected by common law, state laws, and U.S. and international laws. Bookstore expressly reserves all rights, titles, and interests in and to all copyrights, trade names, logos, patents and other intellectual property and proprietary rights in and to the Site, including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and "applets"; the overall "look and feel", processes, software, technology, and other materials which appear on this Site; and the business processes used to market products and services. You agree that your rights are limited to those granted herein, and you will not acquire any rights except as expressly set forth in this Agreement.
2. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for your use or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mailbombing" or "crashing;" or (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
3. The Site may contain robot exclusion headers. Much of the information on the Site is updated on a regular basis and is proprietary or is licensed to Bookstore by our suppliers and other third parties. You agree not to use any device, technique, software, system or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with, or to otherwise circumvent the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this Site. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, device, technique, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, scrapers, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate, access or search this Site, other than generally available third party web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer™, Google Chrome™, and Mozilla Firefox™. Additionally, you agree that you will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in the sole discretion of us or our suppliers affected by your action) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, or the bandwidth or infrastructure of the company that hosts this Site, or bypass the robot exclusion headers or other measures on this Site or on the host servers that may be used to prevent or restrict access.
4. Bookstore will not be liable for damages resulting from any failure caused by events beyond its control, by any act of God, such as a power failure, or by any other cause not within the control of Bookstore.
5. If you violate any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement, this Agreement terminates immediately without notice. Bookstore may deny access to the Site to you and anyone claiming by or through you without liability to anyone. Bookstore shall have all additional rights and remedies at law and in equity arising from such violation. Further, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold Bookstore, and its affiliates, suppliers, employees and agents harmless from all claims, actions, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to any such prohibited use of the Site. If you violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, they have all remedies at law and in equity to enforce their rights against you to the extent applicable arising from your actions.
6. Any delay or failure to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not constitute a waiver and shall not limit such rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which Bookstore resides. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the remainder of this Agreement, which shall be given full effect without regard to the invalid portions.
7. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between you and Bookstore regarding the use of the Site.
Copyright © 2023 The Rocker Shop. All rights reserved.back to top