Textbook Order & Information Terms
THE REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW
(FOLLOWED BY THE FINE PRINT)
Please read the following information below and agree to the terms at the bottom before continuing. Please note: You must enter your SDSM&T student ID # (membership #) when placing your order.
TWO ONLINE PAYMENT OPTIONS
- STUDENT ACCOUNT EZ CHARGE: Charge up to $800 to your student account. Pay the Student Accounts/Cashiering Office via check or cash. Or pay online via Web Advisor or SDePay for parents or authorized payers. NOTICE: EZ Charge is only available the first two weeks of Fall and Spring semesters only. Some students will not be eligible for this payment option. Use of Student Account EZ Charge is optional. EZ Charge transactions will post to student's WebAdvisor/SDePay account within 1-2 business days. Student ID is required to use EZ Charge. Payment deadline coincides with the SD Mines tuition and fee schedule. You still need to provide a CREDIT CARD number (debit cards not acceptable) as a security deposit if you choose to rent textbooks while paying with EZ Charge.
- CREDIT CARDS: We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
COMPARISION SHOPPING TOOL
The Rocker Shop offers an online COMPARISON SHOPPING TOOL! Check our offerings against competitors like Amazon.com and Textbooks.com. You can even order from those companies via our website if you wish--but we hope you will let us take care of you. Any orders placed with other major online retailers will not be the responsibility of the Rocker Shop and will adhere to those retailers' shipping and return policies.
REMEMBER, THE ROCKER SHOP WILL:
THE FINE PRINT
- COURSE MATERIAL: The Rocker Shop website will be updated daily as new book adoptions are received from faculty and inventory is received. Information and inventory can change at any time due to faculty changes, publisher upgrades, cancelled classes and more. Late adoptions from faculty, back orders from publishers, and other variables may affect your order status. This information is correct as we know it as of this date. The ISBN numbers and required status provided is not meant as a guarantee for purchases made other than at the Rocker Shop. Books mistakenly purchased from any other source utilizing the information provided. Materials purchased on this site are protected under the Rocker Shop's return policy.
- FIRST DAY ACCESS: Students are able to access course
material through D2L on or before the first day of class with free
access before the University's Add/Drop deadline. The charge is
conveniently billed to their student account. If students would like to
opt out of the program, they can do so before the University's Add/Drop
deadline. First Day Access is a more convenient and less expensive
option for students. More information regarding this program can be
- NOTICE: PROGRAM IS SELECTED BY THE INSTRUCTORS AND AVAILABLE ON SELECT TITLES.
- DIGITAL TEXTBOOKS: Some titles may be available in digital form through www.hardrockershopstore.vitalsource.com All purchases made through our Vital Source partner are governed by Vital Source's Return Policy. Questions regarding your purchase are to be directed to Vital Source.
- OUTSIDE RETAILERS: Any orders placed with other retailers listed on the Rocker Shop's website, including the Comparison Shopping Tool site, are not the responsibility of the Rocker Shop. Questions on your purchases with outside retailers must be directed to those parties and will adhere to their return policy. The Rocker Shop is not responsible for any rented course material through an outside retailer; see outside retailers' rental agreement and return policy.
- TEXTBOOK RENTAL: Current store refund terms apply to
rented textbooks. You must agree to the Rocker Shop rental terms
and refund policy before completing your order. A valid credit card will be required to rent books (debit cards not accepted for rentals). Any rented
textbooks not returned by the deadline for each semester will be charged
replacement cost and any applicable processing fees to the credit card indicated on the
order. If the credit card is declined for the non-returned rented textbooks the student's account will be assessed.
All fees and replacements costs are based on title. These fees must be paid at the Cashier's Office or through the student's WebAdvisor/SDePay.
- NOTICE: TEXTBOOK RENTALS ARE FOR ONE SEMESTER ONLY UNLESS A MANDATORY RENTAL IS CHOSEN. If the textbook is needed for more than one semester, the rented textbooks may be bought out during the semester. Buy out of each rented textbook must be completed before the return deadline for each semester to avoid replacement costs and late fees. Mandatory rentals are subject to publisher's fees and replacement costs if not returned by the end of semester deadline and mandatory rentals are non-purchasable.
- NEW VS. USED TEXTBOOKS: When selecting the type of book that you want please note the following. If you select 'Used' when purchasing/renting when placing your order and there are no used texts available when we pick your order, we will substitute a new book at the new purchase/rental price. Note that this will mean paying the new rental/purchase price rather than the used rental/purchase price for your book(s). The same scenario will apply if we need to substitute a used text for a new text. The difference will be reflected on your final sales receipt. Please pay attention to any "course section notes" you may find for your particular courses. You may be presented with different options that will fulfill your requirements for your course.
- SHIPPING: Please allow 2-3 business days for
the Rocker Shop to process and ship your order. Items are shipped via UPS
and adhere to UPSs' shipping policy. Generally, UPS ground shipments should arrive at your home within 2-5
business days of date of shipment if you live in the state of South Dakota or an adjacent state.
If we are out of stock on an item you order, we will notify you and hold your order until more stock arrives. If there are several items on your order, you will be provided the opportunity to split your order at no additional shipping cost or wait for all the items to
arrive. When your order is placed, the Rocker Shop will send you an e-mail message acknowledging receipt of your order. Your contract to purchase an item will not be completed until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the item has been shipped. Your credit card will not be charged until the order is shipped.
- NOTICE: WEB ORDERS REQUIRE 2-3 BUSINESS DAYS TO PROCESS. We will do our best to process your order within one business day, but please note that during the busiest times of the semester, additional time may be needed. If you select an item(s) that is temporarily out-of-stock, you will be charged for the item(s) and notified when it is available for pick up in the campus store.
- CANCELLATIONS: Once an online order is processed you cannot cancel the order. You will be permitted to return the books under our returns policy, but shipping (if applicable) will not be refunded.
Once you have finished shopping, please proceed to your shopping cart to complete the transaction. If the website has not given you a transaction number, the transaction is not complete. The refund deadline for your online purchase of course materials will be included with your receipt. Please be aware of this date.
For questions, contact the Rocker Shop at 605-394-2374 or email the store at email@example.com