Textbook Order & Information Terms
THE REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW
(FOLLOWED BY THE FINE PRINT)
Please read the following information below and agree to the terms at the bottom before continuing. Please note: You must enter your SDSM&T student ID # (membership #) when placing your order.
2 ONLINE PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR YOU!
- Student Account EZ Charge (Available Fall and Spring semesters only): Charge up to $800 to your student account and pay the Student Accounts/Cashiering Office via check or cash. Or pay online via Web Advisor (for students) or SDePay for parents or authorized payers.
(Note: You still need to provide a CREDIT CARD number (debit cards not acceptable) as a security deposit if you choose to rent books.)
Some students will not be eligible for this payment option. Use of the EZ Charge is optional and available when purchasing books online or in-store. EZ Charge transactions will post to your SDePay account within 1-2 business days. Student ID is required to use the EZ Charge. EZ Charge payment deadline coincides with tuition and fee deadlines.
- Credit Cards: We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
We provide more options than ever before for your textbooks!!
Place your order with us! We'll take very good care of you and your order. We even offer a COMPARISON SHOPPING TOOL! Check our offerings against competitors like Amazon.com, Half.com, and Textbooks.com. You can even order from those companies via our website if you wish--but we hope you'll let us take care of you and your order. Just remember that we'll make sure you get the right book, we offer quick returns if you drop/add a class, we offer new, used, rentals, and digital options whenever we can, and we'll be here to serve you every day.
THE FINE PRINT
- Be aware that the site will be updated daily as we receive new orders from faculty and shipments from publishers. Please note that because course materials information can change at any time (faculty changes, publisher upgrades, cancelled classes, etc). Late adoptions from faculty, back orders from publishers, and other variables may affect your order status.
Disclaimer - This information is correct as we know it as of this date. Changes, modifications and additions to course number, section, ISBN or price may be made at any time up to and including the first few weeks of the session for which these numbers have been provided. The information (ISBN numbers and required status) provided is not meant as a guarantee for purchases made other than at The Rocker Shop. For this reason, please note that The Rocker Shop will not make exchanges, refunds, or any compensation for books mistakenly purchased from any other source utilizing the information provided on this website. Students purchasing materials on this site are protected under The Rocker Shop's Returns Policies.
- HARDROCKERSHOP.REDSHELF.COM Rentals, Digital Rentals and Textbooks offered on HARDROCKERSHOP.REDSHELF.COM are governed by REDSHELF'S policies. Any questions regarding REDSHELF'S transactions should be directed to them.
- Any book orders placed with other vendors listed on The Rocker Shop website are not the responsibility of The Rocker Shop. Please direct questions to the vendor(s) that the order was placed with.
- IMPORTANT RENTAL INFORMATION FOR TITLES RENTED DIRECTLY FROM THE ROCKER SHOP: If you choose to rent books rather than purchase them, your rental books will be assigned special rental barcodes. Please do not remove the rental barcodes. The same refund terms apply to rental texts. Also, you will be asked to confirm your willingness to abide with the rental terms. A valid credit card will be required to rent books (debit cards not accepted for rentals). Any rented books which are not returned will be charged to the credit card indicated on the rental order. If the credit card cannot be charged for a non-returned rental text, the student's account will be assessed the appropriate replacement cost + any applicable processing fees.
- Make Sure: That a rental is the best option financially for you, if the textbook is needed for more than one semester then purchasing the text may be the better choice. Rentals are for ONE semester only. And a credit card (not a debit card) is necessary for all textbook rentals.
- Used vs. new
- When selecting the type of book that you want please note the following. If you select 'Used' when purchasing/renting your text and there are no used texts available when we pick your order, we will substitute a new book at the new purchase/rental price. Note that this will mean paying the new rental/purchase price rather than the used rental/purchase price for your book(s). The same scenario will apply if we need to substitute a used text for a new text. The difference will be reflected on your final sales receipt. Please pay attention to any "course section notes" you may find for your particular courses. You may be presented with different options that will fulfill your requirements for your course.
- UPS Shipments
- Orders for items that are in stock take 2 working days to process and should arrive at your home within 2-5 working days of date of shipment if you live in the state of South Dakota or an adjacent state. Residents in these states may not want to select 2nd day shipping; most orders will reach you within 2 days of shipment. If we are out of stock on an item you order, we will notify you by email and hold your order until more stock arrives. If there are several items on your order, you will be provided the opportunity to split your order at no additional shipping cost or wait for all the items to arrive.
- When you click the 'place your order' button, we'll send you an e-mail message acknowledging receipt of your order. Your contract to purchase an item will not be complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the item has been shipped. Your credit card will not be charged until the order is shipped.
- You will be required to create an account when you place your first order. We will not sell or give your information to other parties that are not directly related to filling your order or unless required to do so by law. See our Privacy Information section for more information.
- Web orders require 2-3 business days to process. We will do our best to process your order within 1 business day, but please note that during the busiest times of the semester, additional time may be needed. Temporary "out of stocks" may also affect processing time.
- Online Order Cancellations
- Once an online order is processed you cannot cancel the order. You will be permitted to return the books under our returns policy, but shipping (if applicable) will not be refunded.
Once you have finished shopping, please proceed to the shopping basket to complete the transaction. If the website has not given you a transaction number, the transaction is not complete!
The refund deadline for your online purchase of course materials will be included with your receipt! Please be aware of this date.
Contact us at 605-394-2374 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.