BRING YOUR SDSM&T ID CARD EVERY TIME YOU SHOP!
MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- AUTOMATIC ENROLLMENT-NO FORMS TO FILL OUT
- NO EXTRA CARDS TO CARRY
- DISCOUNTS ON VARIOUS PRODUCTS AS YOU REACH HIGHER REWARD LEVELS
- STUDENT ROCKER REWARDS PROGRAM IS ACTIVE FOR FALL AND SPRING SEMESTERS ONLY
- Information soon to come
*SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY
Member benefits are available only at The Rocker Shop. Currently enrolled South Dakota School of Mines students as well as faculty and staff of the University are eligible for the Rocker Rewards program. The Rocker Shop may alter the program at its discretion. The Rocker Shop reserves the right to alter, limit, modify, restrict, or cancel your membership and/or the Rocker Rewards program at any time with or without notice.
Collecting Personal Information
We receive and may store information you provide to our websites. This information may include:
- Name, age, address, telephone number, email address, student or employee ID #
- Credit card number or bank card number
- Purchase information and history
The Rocker Shop collects personal information in the course of providing
retail goods and services, program memberships, promotions, surveys or
sweepstakes offers. We may collect other personal information you provide us,
including information about other people, such as the name and address of a gift
recipient or reference. By providing us with solicited or unsolicited personal
information, you consent to our using such information, subject to applicable
Using Personal Information
We may use personal information to confirm your orders, deliver products and services that you purchase or request, register you as a user of our web site(s), prevent criminal activity on your account, bill you for your purchases, conduct market research via surveys sent to you, respond to your inquiries, or verify and ship a contest prize.
Rocker Shop "Rocker Rewards" information and other information may be used to help make The Rocker Shop's products, services and programs more useful to its customers. Additionally, The Rocker Shop may use personal information to provide you with newsletters, articles, product or service alerts, new product or service announcements, saving awards, event invitations, personally tailored coupons, program and promotional information and offers, and other information, which may be provided to The Rocker Shop by other companies. If you prefer not to receive this type of information from us, you can contact us at (605) 394-2374.
Aggregate Data and Cookies
We aggregate information through cookies, or alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through the web browser. This allows us to automatically collect your computer's network address and operating system, the site from which you linked to our site, the time and date of your visit, how you use one of our services and what products you purchase. This helps us to recognize you, customize or personalize your shopping experience and store items in your cart between visits. It also allows us to aggregate demographic and statistical data and compilations of information that do not include personal information and provide this information to our partners and service providers. By doing so, we hope to understand our customers' needs so that we can provide them with new products and services or tailor existing products and services to fit their needs.
Disclosing Personal Information
- Filling Orders. We may provide personal information to a third party to fill your order. For example, if you purchase a product or service using a credit or debit card, your card number and transaction information will be shared with the payment processor or card issuer. In order to ship your product, we will provide your shipping information to the carrier.
- Business Purposes. We may provide personal information to our partners and suppliers for customer support services and processing of personal information on behalf of Mines Bookstore. We may also share personal information with our affiliate companies, or in the course of an actual or potential sale, re-organization, consolidation, merger or amalgamation of our business or businesses.
- Other Purposes. We may disclose personal information as required by law; such as in response to a subpoena, court order or a specific request by a law enforcement agency or as otherwise required by law. We may also disclose personal information to third parties investigating potential fraud or questionable activities regarding your account or the use of our services.
You may agree to provide your personal information separately to third parties that provide products, services or content to The Rocker Shop. If you do so, your personal information will be subject to those third party privacy policies.
Accessing Your Personal Information
We update your personal information as required. We will be able to serve you best, however, if you provide us with notification of any changes. If you find errors, you can request that changes be made. We may be prevented from allowing you to have access to some information, in which case you will be so advised. You can update your information via our website, or you may submit a written request for changes to any customer service representative at The Rocker Shop.
We retain your personal information only for as long as reasonably required. The length of time information is retained depends upon the purpose for which the information was collected.
Safeguarding Personal Information
The fact that you have trusted The Rocker Shop with your personal information is important to us and we take steps to maintain its security. We have appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place to protect and secure the information we collect. To safeguard against unauthorized access, you are required to login to certain secure areas of our web site using a user name and a password. Both user name and password are encrypted when sent over the Internet. If you are unable to provide the correct password, you will not be able to access these areas.